Thursday, May 20, 2010

Update - 5/20/10 (day 31)

Happy birthday Penelope!!! 

She is one month old today.  To show what a big girl she is, she pulled the cpap out of her nose this morning.  The nurse practitioner took it as a sign that she wants to try room air today.  They are going to let her try breathing on her own but will put the cpap back on if she has trouble.  She is breathing a little quickly and I am predicting that she will be back on cpap by the end of the day.  For now though, I get to look at her pretty little face.  Her weight sky-rocketed yesterday and she weighs almost 3lbs.  Later today, she will have brain ultrasound.  All the babies have a brain ultrasound when they are around 30 days old just to make sure everything is ok.  The team doesn't expect to find anything out of the ordinary. 

I have been able to hold her three times this week and hope to hold her again this afternoon.  She always falls fast asleep and looks so content and peaceful.  It is definitely the best part of my day. 

Thanks for checking in.  I'll update more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.