Friday, May 21, 2010

day 32

I had my post operation appointment with my OB this afternoon.  Everything is healing nicely and I have the green light to resume normal activities like taking stairs, lifting heavy things, going to the gym, etc.  I celebrated by doing laundry for the first time in probably about 6 months.  I'm sure Trent will appreciate the reprieve.  


Penelope wasn't quite ready to breath on her own yesterday, so late in the morning she was put on nasal cannula.  This is the mid level of breathing support.  Here is the wikipedia link in case you are wondering what that is.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cannula She has been on it since yesterday morning and seems to be doing nicely.  She really hated the cpap and I'm sure she's happy to be rid of it.  Her brain ultrasound was normal and it didn't show anything "remarkable," according to the team.  This morning, the attending physician pointed out that her right foot is a little puffy.  She has a sensor bound to that foot, so it may mean that the bonding was too tight.  It could also be sign on an infection.  He doesn't think it is that because it's not swollen or tender.  We will definitely be keeping an eye on it, though.  


I got to hold her again yesterday and today.  The bigger she gets, the longer I get to hold her because she can regulate her body temperature more.  The nurses keep saying that she looks like me, which means she is adorable :).  I think she may have my cheeks.  I looked like a little chipmunk when I was a baby.  


Thanks for checking in.  I'll update more later.


PS:  A little note of thanks for the continued support and encouragement from our friends and family.  We love you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.