Friday, May 14, 2010

Thursday & Friday updates

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. Time somehow gets away from you at
the hospital.

Wednesday night Trent and I had dinner with some friends from my old
job. We had a great time and it was so nice to do something "normal"
for a bit.

Penelope has been doing really well the past couple of days (knock on
wood). She has had far fewer apnea/brady/desat episodes. She is still
on cpapp to help her breathe. But yesterday and today I held her for
over an hour each day and she didn't have any breathing help at all!!!
This is such an important step. Early next week the team may even try
to see if she can breathe on her own all the time. We are really
encouraged by this but are remembering, as always, that she will do
these things in her own time and she may not be ready yet.

Thanks for checking in. I'll update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.