Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Penelope is 77 days old

Penelope was born 11 weeks ago today and she is still about a week shy of her due date.  She had a good night and it looks like she will be coming home today.  Trent and I are still in disbelief about her homecoming and it probably won't sink in until we are walking out of the hospital - with our baby.

Although I am so happy our baby will finally be coming home, this ending is a little bittersweet.  All the nurses and doctors have been so wonderful and supportive and in a way I will miss them very much.  Their hard work and dedication has brought Penelope to this point.  We will never be able to thank them enough. 

I plan to continue updating this blog, although I don't know how regular the updates will be.  The next few weeks are going to be unpredictable as our little girl turns our lives upside down - again. 

I will post photos of Penelope's last day in the NICU.

Thanks for checking in.  I'll update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.