Friday, July 2, 2010

Penelope is 73 days old

Late this morning, Penelope was wheeled down to the OR for surgery.  I was able to walk down with the nurses and left her as she was getting anesthesia.  Several of the doctors and nurses kept saying how cute she is.  I have to say that although I may be biased, I agree.  She should be back in the NICU in a couple of hours. 

When I got the the NICU this morning, her nurse had already moved her into an isolette and she was hooked up to an IV.  It gave me such a weird sense of deja vu.  She should be back in her bassinet and off the IV by late this afternoon, though. 

Penelope gained 90g overnight and weighs 2.54kg, or about 5.56lbs.  She didn't have any bradies yesterday.  Her feeds were cut off at midnight last night, so although she didn't have any bradies overnight, she only had one real feeding.  She should be able to have oral feeds by the end of the day.  Hopefully she won't have any bradies. 

Thanks for checking in.  If I have time, I'll update again today to say how the surgery went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.